The caching control panel¶
After installation, you will find a Caching control panel in Plone's site setup. This consists of four main tabs:
- Change settings, where you can control caching behaviour
- Import settings, where you can import pre-defined profiles of cache settings
- Purge caching proxy, where you can manually purge content from a caching proxy. This tab only appears if you have purging enabled under Change settings.
- RAM cache, where you can view statistics about and purge the RAM cache.
Under the settings tab, you will find four fieldsets:
- General settings, for global options such as turning caching on or off.
- Caching proxies, where you can control Plone's use of a caching proxy such as Squid or Varnish.
- Caching operation mappings, where caching rulesets (hints about views and resources used for caching purposes) can be associated with caching operations (which either intercept a request to return a cached response, or modifies a response to add cache control headers). This is also where rulesets for legacy page templates (created through the web or the portal_skins tool) are configured.
- Detailed settings, where you can configure parameters for individual caching operations.