Where to find what you need¶
Where the skin lives in Plone and in your own theme product.
Through the Web¶
You can customize all page templates, skins and CSS very easily through the web.
- Site Setup > Zope Management Interface > portal_skins
Locate the item you want to change, click the customize button and a copy will be dropped into the custom layer for you.
Don't forget that, if you're hunting for something, the Find tab in the ZMI can be very useful.
Plone Default Skin on the File System¶
- [your products directory]/CMFPlone/skins
- You'll see there are a number of directories corresponding to specific skin layers. Most of this should be self-explanatory, but its worth remembering that only the generic templates live in plone_templates. If you want to track down a specific content view (e.g., document_view) then you'll need to look in plone_content.
In your own Theme Product¶
- /skins/[your theme namespace].[your theme name]_custom_templates |
custom_images | stylesThese directories will form your skin layers. Your templates, images, and style sheets can go here. If you asked it to, the plone3_theme paster template will have provided blank style sheets to override the Plone Default ones.
- When your Zope instance starts up, this turns your directories into skin layers
/profiles/default/skins.xml | cssregistry.xml | jsregistry.xml