Creating a New Portlet Manager¶
How to create a new portlet manager.
A practical example of creating a new portlet manager can be found here
Here's a quick checklist of what you need to do.
Quick Cheat Sheet¶
Through the Web¶
You cannot create a new portlet manager through the web.
In your own product¶
You will need to provide the name of
- Your theme-specific interface
- This is optional but ensures that your portlet manager is available for your theme only. If you used the plone3_theme paster template, then the name will probably be IThemeSpecific.
You will need to create the following (you should be able to locate the originals to copy by looking them up in the elements section):
- This will go in [your theme package]/browser/interfaces.py. You can give it any name you like, but by convention, it should be prefaced with "I".
- configuration directive
- [your theme package]/profiles/default/portlets.xml
- browser:page directive (for the management view)
- [your theme package]/browser/configure.zcml
- page template (for the management view)
- [your theme package]/browser/[your template].pt
from plone.portlets.interfaces import IPortletManager class [your portlet manager interface](IPortletManager): """A description goes here """
<?xml version="1.0"?> <portlets> <portletmanager name="[your namespace].[your portlet manager]" type="[your namespace].[your theme name].browser.interfaces.[your portlet manager interface]" /> </portlets>
Sample configure.zcml directive (for the management view)¶
<browser:page for="plone.portlets.interfaces.ILocalPortletAssignable" class="plone.app.portlets.browser.manage.ManageContextualPortlets" name="[your view name]" template="[your template name].pt" permission="plone.app.portlets.ManagePortlets" />