This tutorial will explain how to write safer, better code that makes you look more professional. That's right - it's time to write tests, for everything you do. Don't worry, it's not boring or complicated, you just need to learn how.
Technologies presented here are for Plone 3.x and older.
- A brief example
- Telling stories with doctests
- Types of tests
- Running tests
- Writing unit tests
- Testing a Zope 3 component with a separate doctest file
- Writing a PloneTestCase unit/integration test
- Integration doctests using PloneTestCase
- Functional and system tests with zope.testbrowser
- Using zope.testrecorder to record functional tests
- Tips for using zope.testrecorder
- Determining the Code Coverage of your Test Suite
- If what you really want is eye-candy
- Testing examples