These are styleguides for working on Plone and the Plone ecosystem.
They not only apply to code, but also documentation, naming conventions and other areas.
- Python styleguide
- Naming of variables, classes and functions
- Spaces around operators
- Constants are written in ALL_CAPS
- Function declaration and invocation
- Checking for equality
- Curly brackets
- Always enclose blocks in curly brackets
- Binding the "this" variable versus assigning to "self"
- Use named functions
- Custom events
- Event listeners
- Storing arbitrary data
- Styleguide for documentation
- Naming conventions
- Plone Deprecation Guide
- Enable Deprecation Warnings
- Deprecation Best Practice
- How to set up your editor
Some of the information here is taken from the plone.api contributing guide