plone.app.event - a calendar framework for Plone¶
plone.app.event is a new calendar framework for Plone.
- Dexterity behaviors and Archetypes type,
- Timezone support,
- Recurring Events,
- Whole day events,
- Open end events (End on the same day),
- Icalendar export,
- Icalendar import,
- Better calendar and events portlets,
- An event listing and event detail view.
It was developed with these goals in mind:
- Encapsulation and independence: All event related code should reside in a single package. Relevant, re-usable functionality is split to seperate packages. Plone’s dependencies on calendar related code should be reduced to a minimum. plone.app.event should be able to be deinstalled from Plone.
- Dexterity and Archetypes support: plone.app.event should provide Dexterity behaviors, which can be used in Dexterity types and an ATEvent content type (factored out from ATContentTypes). For a Dexterity event type, use plone.app.contenttypes 1.1 or newer.
- Standards compliancy: We support the icalendar standard (RFC5545) including recurrence.
- Recurring events based on the RFC5545 standard.
- Architectural Overview
- Developer documentation
- Running tests
- Development design choices
- plone.app.event API