Content Quality helper tools¶
A selection of add-ons that can help create and maintain appealing, searchable, and high-quality content.
Apart from the inbuilt tools, there are several add-ons available.
Note that these are all separate add-ons you will have to install, and we strongly suggest testing them out first on a separate test-instance of your site, to see if they fit your purpose and do not interfere with other parts of your site. Also, some of these tools rely on web-services, which may or may not be allowed or advisable in high-security scenarios.
Avoiding content errors¶
- collective.jekyll is a package that will help you identify common pitfalls, like too long or short titles or descriptions, or a URL starting with “copy_of”. You can even set it up so it alerts editors when they don’t stick to the preferred image format, or if a page has not enough links to other pages.
- eea.progressbar can provide a visual clue as to where a document is in the workflow progress, making it easier for editors and reviewers to track what to do next to publish a document.
Analytics and SEO¶
- collective.googleanalytics enables easy tracking of the standard Google statistics as well as external links, e-mail address clicks and file downloads. It also defines Analytics reports that are used to query Google and display the results using Google Visualizations.
- quintagroup.seoptimizer allows setting various meta tags and other information search engines like and need.
- if you have migrated from another system, and need to set up aliases to content that still lives in search engines, Products.RedirectionTool gives you an interface to Plone’s built-in redirection and aliasing.
And after all that work, you can use quintagroup.analytics to see your webmaster stats increase. Now lean back with your favorite hot beverage, you’ve earned it!